Monday, July 2, 2007

Photo Updates!

Hello Everyone!

I'll let Jeff and the choir members fill you in on exactly how incredible Saturday and Sunday were, but I wanted to post some photos for you to see what we've been up to.

Blogspot is limiting me to 5 photos at a time, so i'll have to post more at another time.



Jeff gives a radio interview with TiTi from Classic FM about the choir and its tour, specifically the concert in Kwa Thema, which would be the following night.



Typical home in Kliptown, the site of Pam's Creche. We were treated to a quick walk through the Shanty town, where were greeted by curious but welcoming faces, many of which belonged to children saying "shoot me!" ("take my photo") We'll not soon forget this adventure, as the images we saw will certainly stay with us forever




The children at Pam's Creche found my red hair intriguing, and immediately started playing hair-dresser!



Sidumo Nyemezele from St. Mary's Anglican Cathedral leads the group in their first singing of the tour- a workshop to work on Zulu, Xhosa, Tswana, etc...



The INCREDIBLY ENTHUSIASTIC crowd at Kwa Thema Methodist Church was overwhelming, not like any other audience I've ever seen. The soloist could barely be heard over there was so much rousing applause and Ululating!

More soon!!!

Amanda

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Having an amazing time. Miss everyone back home, especially my man! Ps. Hi Mike!

Anonymous said...

Jeff, you look like such a celebrity in that radio station! Hope everyone is having a wonderful time!